Crisis Outreach Counselor
Peace River Center is now hiring Crisis Outreach Counselors
Looking for a career that positively impacts our community? One that has excellent benefits? Join the Peace River Center team as a Crisis Outreach Counselor. We are filling positions for this role on days 8 am to 8 pm.
- Answer crisis line telephones
- Conduct crisis assessments/interventions, including co-existing disorders
- Develop crisis action plan with individuals which may include connection to additional services based on the individual’s needs
- Facilitate linkage to identified services and serve as a point of contact, advocate, and informational resource for the individual
- See our job website for complete duties and details
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health, or related area
- (1) year experience in Mental Health preferred to work closely with law enforcement members in the community to follow-up with individuals who had been in care under a Baker Act
- Must have reliable transportation and be of age 21 or older. This position covers all of Polk County
- Must provide, carry and maintain $50,000/$100,000 bodily injury coverage on personal vehicle
While under the supervision of a licensed person, the individual can confidently make competent independent decisions relating to recipient’s service needs and ability to conduct assessments and interventions, which includes assessment of substance abuse/co-occurring issues, mental health disorders, and family systems issues.
Peace River Center is a Drug Free workplace and requires an approved DCF Level 2 background clearance. See complete details and apply at https://e3applicants.com/prc/